By: Nataly Torres
At Elmore PR, we’re located just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Downtown Houston. We have seen first-hand how the city’s center has grown – and it shows no signs of slowing down!
Houston’s Allen Center is one of the city’s most prominent fixtures. With the help of Elmore PR, Brookfield Property Partners recently announced their plan for a $48.5 million renovation of Allen Center. For the groundbreaking event, we were tasked with driving media attention and helping the Brookfield team with strategic event logistics, including working with government and downtown leaders.
Key elements of the Allen Center renovation include:
- Transforming the courtyard/central plaza into a large, publicly-accessible lawn of nearly one acre with activity areas for events, art installations and performances, as well as retail, terraces, a bar and a dining terrace.
- Redesign of plazas along Smith and Dallas Streets, as well as entry plazas to Two and Three Allen Center.
- Alternative Work Area space in the lobby of Two Allen Center where people in all three buildings can work, mingle and build a sense of community.
- Signature, chef-driven concept restaurant with outdoor dining overlooking the central lawn.
- Installation of two-story linear glass in One Allen Center to create a visually stunning sense of arrival from Smith and Dallas Streets, allowing seamless connection to the streetscape and the surrounding business community.
- Renovation of main entrances at the vehicular drop offs of Two and Three Allen Center.
Our goal was to secure accurate media coverage and to get people talking about, and excited about, the changes to come. We were thrilled with the coverage in Houston Chronicle, Bisnow, the Houston Business Journal and Realty News Report.
Brookfield is in the business of creating places that make lasting impressions on the cities and neighborhoods in which they do business. Allen Center is no exception, and this visionary plan for reimagining this iconic complex in downtown will further enhance downtown’s reputation as a place to live, work and play!