By: Claudia Morlan
Whew! Thirteen years is a milestone. When I was laid off from an energy company in 2002 – two guesses which energy company – I took a freelance job. I remember meeting Susan Elmore months before when her agency was working on a community relations project for said energy company. How could I miss her? She had red hair and was wearing flashy cowboy boots.
She needed some help. I was out of a job. Sounded good. It was going to be a temporary gig until I found my next thing. More than a decade later, I have no regrets.
As I hit my work anniversary, here a some fun by-the-numbers:
- 30+: Clients – Harris County Flood Control District/Discovery Green you are tied in longevity!
- 25+: Co-workers who I said hello and goodbye to when they moved on to bigger and better things. Two that came back 😉
- 11: Client websites launched (some of them twice)
- 7: Cirque du Soleil client shows I’ve seen
- 5: Elmore PR babies – Ben Morlan; Lottie Withall; Thomas Michael Hurt (ETA: Dec 2015); Ernesto Vargas Jr. (ETA Jan 2016); and Baby Tarleton/Ondrasek (ETA Feb 2016)
- 4: Earned A1 Houston Chronicle articles (including a Sunday!)
- 2: Transformational park openings I was proud to be a part of
- 1: Elected official who yelled at me
Countless other large and small things that have been a lovely part of my Elmore PR experience.