A Communications Specialist produces high-quality work on the execution of any communications tactic at the direction of one or more Communications Strategists. The communications specialist’s work may touch all communications disciplines as he or she continues developing their communications expertise.
- Participate in and contribute meaningfully to the creation of strategic public relations and communications plans for a variety of clients
Schedule media interview, prepare client, attend interview and track coverage
- Manage deliverables in a marketing relationship
Implement all assigned client work, ensuring quality, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Support media relations efforts by pulling media lists, writing and disseminating press releases, pitching media, monitoring media, creating reports, and performing related tasks
- Support social media efforts by maintaining editorial calendars, drafting and reviewing content, utilizing social media tools to post, monitor and track engagement, and performing related tasks
- Support client communications needs by writing talking points, website copy, creating presentations, creating key messages and related internal or external communications
- Maintain all filing, record-keeping and operational aspects as they impact client services
- Analyze and document client services processes, developing solutions to enhance efficiencies
- Provide regular reports to CEO, Senior Communications Strategist or Communications Strategist
- Earn the trust and respect of the client through consistent, quality work
- Deliver work on time; ensures quality, accuracy and consistency of work
- Provide client account administrative support internally and at client meetings
- Media relations experience required
- Strong writing skills required, proficiency in AP style
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates Elmore’s core values of Listening, Clarity, Curiosity and
- Supportiveness with colleagues and clients
Salary is dependent upon experience. To apply for this position, email resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are by appointment only. No telephone calls, please. Finalist candidates will be asked to provide writing samples.
We encourage potential applicants to visit our website to learn more about our company culture, our team, and the clients we serve.