A Communications Strategist demonstrates the ability to see various aspects and needs of a client’s account, and the interdependencies among them; exhibits strategic thinking; is able to drive work forward; leads effective meetings; and serves as a trusted advisor to the client.
- Lead the strategic public relations planning process with the client
- Prepare, finalize strategic plans with client and implement the plans through effective utilization of client/team members
- Keep projects on schedule; ensure quality and accuracy of work product by self and team members; meet deadlines
- Effectively delegate tasks while maintaining an overall high caliber of work product
- Understand the broader context of the client’s business objectives and goals, and anticipate needs or potential conflicts
- Interact with and gain the trust of clients
- Manage or execute all aspects of media relations, including pitching, creation of relevant materials, interview coordination and follow-up
- Build relationships with reporters, partners, and other community representatives that ultimately reflect well on the company and clients
- When sensitive issues arise, bring immediately to the management team
Skills and Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of media relations strategy and implementation for a single news item or a complete campaign
- Thorough understanding of social media marketing strategy and implementation in support of a client’s brand, or in a specific campaign or promotion
- Ability to identify strategically beneficial third-party relationships, such as media sponsorship opportunities or marketing partnerships, and develop a strategy to secure involvement
- Media relations experience required
- Prior agency experience preferred
- Strong writing skills required, proficiency in AP style
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates Elmore’s core values of Listening, Clarity, Curiosity and
- Supportiveness with colleagues and clients
Salary is dependent upon experience. To apply for this position, email resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Interviews are by appointment only. No telephone calls, please. Finalist candidates will be asked to provide writing samples.
We encourage potential applicants to visit our website to learn more about our company culture, our team, and the clients we serve.